- Is the accommodation owned by a University?
- Louise House London is a private, purpose-built student accommodation property. Students from all universities are welcome.
- Which contract length do I choose?
- We offer 39-week and 51-week contracts, for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students. There are also have a limited number of rooms that can be booked for 12 weeks (a Semester stay).
- How can I make a booking?
- You can book a room via the CRM website.
If the fixed tenancy dates are not suitable for your stay, please kindly send us an enquiry via our website, and the building manager will contact you as soon as possible.
- Do you guarantee accommodation?
- Accommodation is guaranteed for online bookings made via the CRM website, or to students who have submitted an enquiry via our website (and paid the full deposit). The room/floor allocation is subject to availability, on a first-come-first-served-basis. Room allocations will be made once your booking is confirmed, and the contract has been signed.
- Can I apply through Clearing?
- Yes, usually we have several rooms remaining at clearing, but this is subject to availability.
- Can I live at Louise House in my 2nd or 3rd year?
- We reserve some rooms for returning (2nd or 3rd year) students and offer a Rebooking Campaign with Early Bird Promotion options.
- How do the communal bathroom arrangements work?
- There are never more than three students sharing one bathroom. A WhatsApp group for students sharing bathrooms will be created after move-in day.
Usually, you will be sharing a bathroom with the student in the room next to yours.
- How many people share the kitchens?
- There are never more than seven students sharing a kitchen. A WhatsApp group for students sharing kitchens will be created after move-in day.
The kitchens have door entry codes to access them. Each person needs to bring their own essentials (utensils, crockery etc.), but often students come to arrangements to share pans, coffee devices etc. Occasionally, students from previous years leave kitchen items behind that are in good condition, which can be reused. Kitchen entry codes will be given on move-in day.
- How do deposits works? (how much is it, what happens if I want to cancel, if I cancel will the deposit be partially refunded, etc.)
- You will need to pay a deposit of £150 (GBP) to secure your room booking, and complete your online contract.
If you can no longer travel to London for unforeseeable reasons (such as travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic), your deposit will be refunded in full. You must contact us as soon as possible, in this instance.
Also, if you do not secure a place at University, or if your University cancels your course, your deposit will be refunded in full. Again, you must contact us as soon as possible, in this instance.
We try to be flexible and understanding of the effects of the pandemic on our residents, and we try to be fair and accommodating to everyone.
- Is the accommodation mixed-sex, or single-sex?
- The accommodation is mixed-sex, but we do have several neighbouring rooms occupied by a single-sex group of students. When booking, please specify if you have any gender sharing preferences. We will do our best to accommodate requests, but this is not guaranteed.
- What is the overall room distribution, and how many people live on each floor?
- From ground floor to 3rd floor, we typically have 21-22 rooms on each floor. On 4th and 5th floors, there are only 12 rooms on each floor.
- Does the building have Wi-Fi? If so, is it Free?
- The internet at Louise House is free, and is high speed (1GB).
- Am I allowed to permanently share a room with my partner?
- Premium Plus and Deluxe rooms are big enough for two people to share. All the other rooms are not suitable for couple for longer than three nights.
- Can I have friends or family to stay over for a night?
- Guests are allowed to sleep over up to three nights. For health and safety reasons, you must notify the reception staff if you are having a guest to stay. If your guest needs to stay for longer than three nights, you must discuss this with the reception staff. The request be submitted via an «overnight guest request form» at least three days in advance.
Day guests are allowed until 11pm.
- What do I need to bring with me when I move in?
- Try not to overpack! You might be tempted to arrive with everything you can think of, but it is common for housemates (residents sharing bathrooms or kitchens) to buy larger items together. This helps to save you money, and space in the communal areas.
We have created a checklist for all essentials that you might need.
- What is size are the beds in each room?
- In all rooms apart from the Club room, the beds are 135cm wide x 190cm long.
Please note that bed linen is not included, you must bring this with you.
There is a space under the bed to store larger items, such as suitcases (30cm x 35cm).
- Is the accommodation catered, or self-catered?
- Louise House is a self-catered. You are unrestricted in your choice of ingredients, and you can cook and eat whenever you like in the kitchens provided.
- Is there a cleaning service provided?
- We prioritise the needs of the residents, and the property cleanliness. Bathrooms and kitchens are professionally cleaned twice a week.
If you have any queries regarding the maintenance services, please contact reception. The team will respond as soon as possible.
- Are laundry facilities included in the rent?
- There is a laundry room on site, available for residents to use free-of-charge.
- Can I stay at Louise house during the holidays?
- Yes, you are more than welcome to stay if your booking includes the holiday period. Please note that reception hours may differ during holiday periods, and some services may be reduced.
- What security is there at Louise House?
- The accommodation is very secure, and security features include CCTV monitored 24-hour hours a day, access control by multiple key/fob entry points, and on-site security on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Can I bring a pet with me?
- No, pets are NOT allowed to live on-site (except for animals for medical or rehabilitation purposes may be allowed, subject to medical evidence and additional T&Cs).
Pets can be brought on-site to the ground floor and garden areas during the daytime.
If you still have a question, please do not hesitate to contact us!